Terms & Conditions
This information should be read in conjunction with the Privacy and consent form Please note that ‘I’ and ‘me’ refers to Gaby Harris, Speech Therapy Sessions throughout.
First appointment/initial assessment
- You will receive an email confirming the date of your first appointment and the fees.
- Terms and conditions must be signed, dated, and returned to me before the first appointment.
Frequency of appointments
- After the first appointment, I will discuss with you whether further appointments are required. This will be based on your child’s needs.
- I may not offer further appointments if I feel your child does not need further input or if a more specialist therapist is required.
- Fees must be paid in advance or within 3 days of the appointment
- Please refer to Speech Therapy Session ‘Fees’ document for pricing and details of the current fees.
- Fees can be paid in cash or bank transfer
- Invoices will be generated and sent to you by email
- Appointments are offered in your child’s school, nursery or home
- If the appointment is within a 15 minute radius from my Finchley base, there will not be a charge for travel.
- I am a qualified and experienced Speech and Language Therapist, working with nursery and school aged children. If I feel i do not have the specialist knowledge to work with your child I will discuss this with you and I may recommend another therapist.
- You also have access to your local National Health Service (NHS) for speech and language therapy
- If your child is accessing NHS Speech and Language Therapy, you must inform me of this, to ensure effective treatment. Some assessments are invalid if they have been repeated within a 6 month period.
Reports and Advice Programmes
- Reports and advice programmes will be sent directly to you by email (password encrypted) or through My Therapy Tracker, an electronic, patient record, software.
- Your child’s targets will be updated after each therapy session. You will have access to my written feedback on the MTT system, which you will have access to. If otherwise agreed, you will be sent written feedback via email.
- Written reports, targets, and advice programmes can be shared with other professionals already involved with your child, including school staff or NHS speech therapists, with your permission.
- Please inform me if your child cannot make an appointment at school, nursery or home.
- Please contact me with a valid reason for cancellation, giving me as much notice as possible, or before 9am on the day of the appointment.
- There is no cancellation charge.
- It would be appreciated if payments can be made on time. If I have not received payment, a payment reminder will be sent via email.
- In the best interests of your child, information may need to be shared with other professionals on a ‘need to know’ basis, with your permission.
- In the event of a safeguarding concern, where your child or another person is at risk or harm, I have a legal obligation to share relevant information with professionals in line with the safeguarding Children’s Act 2004. Information will be treated confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998
Protecting your information
- I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Information is stored electronically and in paper format. Paper based information is kept in a lockable filing cabinet at My Speech Therapy Sessions office
- Electronic information (such as case notes, reports, programmes) is stored on a password protected laptop, and files are backed up by a dropbox account which is password protected, or on My Therapy Tracker online storage system, which is password protected.
- At the end of treatment (when your child has been discharged), all paper based information will be scanned and kept as electronic documents. Paper based information will then be destroyed via shredding.
In the context of national and local guidelines the following measures are recommended in response:
- During face to face visits, Social Distancing of 2 metres is recommended at all times with Parents and school staff.
- SLT to wear a transparent face shield at all times during home or school visits. Furthermore, a distance of 1 metre should be attempted between SLT and child.
- Direct therapy sessions to take place via videoconferencing technology where it is felt therapy can still be as effective and as agreed between parents and SLT
- Telephone contact with parents should take place rather than prolonged face to face verbal feedback
- Verbal Advice and feedback following sessions should be where possible by phone or video conferencing and written information to be transferred electronically.
Termination of appointments
- You can withdraw your child from future appointments at any time
- I can terminate future appointments at any time