About our therapists
Having graduated from City University in 2004, I have 18 years experience working in NHS earlier on in my career, and now independently. First and foremost I am friendly and approachable, which helps to build up the necessary rapport to get the most out of the therapeutic process, which is collaborative. Making therapy fun and motivating for your child is crucial but I am also passionate about working closely with parents and teachers to support you to help you child within their everyday routines. Keeping up to date with best practice, is also essential, allowing me to be able to deliver high quality, bespoke therapy.
Professional memberships and qualifications
- BA hons in modern languages, French and Spanish, 1995-1999, Manchester University .
- Postgraduate Diploma Speech and Language Therapy, City University London, 2002 -2004
- Member of Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT)
- Member of Independent Association of Speech and Language Therapists (ASLTIP)
- Advanced safeguarding level 2 certificate
- Up to date DBS Certificate
Further Training/approaches used in therapy
- Colourful Semantics – A language approach developed by Alison Bryan
- David Hyerle’s Thinking Maps
- The Derbyshire Language Scheme
- Hanen – It Takes Two to Talk ® (for language delay)
- Lego ® Therapy training by Magic Words Therapy
- The Lidcombe Programme for children who stutter.
- Lis’ n Tell: Live inclusive Story Telling introductory workshop
- Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme Training, Levels 1-4
- Michael Palin Centre Palin trainings for children who stammer
- Talk Boost KS1 licensee Training, ICAN
- Tools for Tele-practice, by Alyson Hendry
- Verve, an introduction to Keena Cummins’ Adult Child Interactions techniques
- Spoiled for Choice – Therapy Approaches for children with speech sound disorders